Answered By: Business ULS Last Updated: Jul 27, 2018 Views: 2273
Capital IQ is a database produced by Standard & Poor's that can be used to find detailed company financial information for U.S. and international public and private companies and investment firms. Advanced tools that illustrate the relationships among firms and people, provide biographical and contact information for executives, show mergers & acquisitions activities, venture capital and private equity data, securities data, filings, and corporate news are also included in this database.
Looking for the S&P Capital IQ Industry Surveys? Read this information about where they are located.
On-campus only, via specific terminals/workstations or individual account.
Current Pitt faculty, students, and staff can sign up for an individual account that wil allow them to access Capital IQ from any computer, including their own, while on campus. To create an account, follow the following steps:
- Start at www.capitaliq.com.
- In the upper right, select New User?
- Enter your Pitt email address (i.e. email@example.com).
- You will see a page asking you to check your email for further instructions.
- Go to your email. Click the link to Register to Access S&P Capital IQ.
- Enter your information (first name, last name, etc.) and press Register.
- You will see another message asking you to check your email for further instructions.
- Go to your email. Click the link Reset your password to create your password.
- Enter your desired password twice and press Submit.
- In the upper right, select Log In to start using Capital IQ.
S&P Capital IQ is also available on the computers in the Finance Lab (Mervis 201) at the Katz Graduate School of Business and on two computers on the ground floor of Hillman Library (specifically the DOLE and ICON computers, see image below). Users must be affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh in order to access these machines.
To access the database, select the Capital IQ icon on the desktop, or the Capital IQ link in the bookmarks/toolbar of the browser that pops up.
If you have any further questions, please Ask Us.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training