Answered By: Chloe Dufour Last Updated: Dec 18, 2020 Views: 18375
Capital IQ is a database produced by Standard & Poor's that can be used to find detailed company financial information for U.S. and international public and private companies and investment firms.
Looking for the S&P Capital IQ Industry Surveys? Read this information about where they are located.
Are you getting an error message saying "You are not authorized to login from this location?" See this FAQ
On-campus only, via individual account or specific terminals/workstations.
***Please note that due to classes moving to online instruction in March 2020, special off-campus access can be given. Katz/CBA Students looking to access Capital IQ should contact the Katz IT Help Desk (412-648-1601, email@example.com). If you are not a member of Katz/CBA, contact the business librarian, Chloe Dufour, at firstname.lastname@example.org***
Current Pitt faculty, students, and staff can sign up for an individual account that wil allow them to access Capital IQ from any computer, both wired and wireless, while on campus. To create an account, follow the following steps:
- Start at www.capitaliq.com.
- In the upper right, select New User?
- Enter your Pitt email address (i.e. email@example.com).
- You will see a page asking you to check your email for further instructions.
- Go to your email. Click the link to Register to Access S&P Capital IQ.
- Enter your information (first name, last name, etc.) and press Register.
- You will see another message asking you to check your email for further instructions.
- Go to your email. Click the link Reset your password to create your password.
- Enter your desired password twice and press Submit.
- In the upper right, select Log In to start using Capital IQ.
S&P Capital IQ is also available on the computers in the Finance Lab (Mervis 201) at the Katz Graduate School of Business and on two computers on the ground floor of Hillman Library (specifically the HLPUB005 and
HLPUB006 computers). Users must be affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh in order to access these machines.
To access the database, select the Capital IQ icon on the desktop, or the Capital IQ link in the bookmarks/toolbar of the browser that pops up.
If you have any further questions, please Ask Us.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training