Answered By: Benjamin Rubin Last Updated: Feb 15, 2016 Views: 234
Answered By: Benjamin Rubin
Last Updated: Feb 15, 2016 Views: 234
If you need an article that is not available in print or online through any ULS subscriptions, you can try to get it from somewhere else using Interlibrary Loan.
- Start at the ILL page and click "ILL request page."
- Log in with your PITT username and password.
- Once you are logged in, select the type of material you need from the sidebar under "New Request."
- After you have made your selection, complete and submit the online form. The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required, but try to be as thorough as possible to ensure that you receive the correct item.
- The first time you submit a request you'll need to enter the 15-character number from your PITT ID. For subsequent requests, the form will autopopulate with your information.
You can view the status of your requests by clicking "Outstanding Requests" in the sidebar under "View."
When the item is available you'll receive an email notification and you will be able to download the item as a PDF from your ILL account page. If our Interlibrary Loan staff are unable to locate an item for you to borrow, they will contact you. The ILL Department can be reached at (412) 648-7762 or dd2ILL@pitt.edu.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training