Answered By: Clare Withers Last Updated: Apr 20, 2015 Views: 45
Answered By: Clare Withers
Last Updated: Apr 20, 2015 Views: 45
Stark Media Services, located on the ground floor of Hillman Library (adjacent to the Cup & Chaucer Cafe), is where you can watch a movie for your class. Film and video materials are primarily non-circulating, so in most cases you will need to view them in the Media Services.
Please be aware that Stark hours are not the same as Hillman hours. You'll want to be sure to allow enough time to view the entire movie.
If you're able to look up the movie in PITTCat+ and find the Call Number, that will make it a bit easier when you visit the library. To locate films and videos:
- Start at www.library.pitt.edu.
- Enter the movie title in quotation marks in the search box and run the search.
- In order to make sure you are only searching the video collection, choose "video recording" under Content Type in the column on the left side of the screen (you may need to select "more" first to view the full list of options).
- Make sure the location of the item reads "Stark Media Services." The record will also include the media format (e.g. DVD or VHS).
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training