Answered By: Clare Withers Last Updated: Feb 28, 2016 Views: 439
The Health Sciences Library System (HSLS) provides resources for UPMC residents and fellows. Health sciences related questions about library resources or services should be directed to the HSLS Ask a Librarian Service.
UPMC residents and fellows can locate the following through UPMC Access:
Access to Falk Library is open. UPMC residents/fellows may use onsite print books and public study areas. UPMC residents/fellows may borrow books in-person from the Falk Library circulating collection. Residents/fellows are individually responsible for fines and fees incurred for materials that are not returned on time.
Laptops, iPads, or other media do not circulate to residents/fellows. UPMC residents/fellows are not eligible for accounts to log onto library computers or to reserve group rooms. Pitt guest wireless accounts are not available to UPMC residents/fellows while in the library. Interlibrary loan and document delivery services are also not available to residents/fellows.
HSLS librarians will offer group instruction and orientations in Falk Library to residents/fellows from UPMC Presbyterian, UPMC Montefiore, and Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic.
UPMC residents/fellows may also attend HSLS scheduled classes and workshops. You can read more about the scope of services available to UPMC.
- Access Medicine, Access Surgery
- ACP Smart Medicine & ACP Journal Club
- ISI Web of Science
- MEDLINE (Ovid)
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- Health e Galaxy (formerly NCME TV)
- OT Search
- AMA Journals
- Elsevier ScienceDirect
- Individual clinical titles not in packages
- Mary Ann Liebert Online
- LWW (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins) Total Access Collection
- Medical Letter
- Journal packages licensed by University of Pittsburgh through the Northeast Research Libraries (NERL) Consortium, including BMJ journals, Clinical Evidence, Cambridge University Press Online, Cochrane Library/Evidence-Based Medicine, Nature, Oxford University Press Online, Research NOW (DeGuyter), Sage Premiere, Springer LINK, Thieme Medical Journals, Wiley-Blackwell Journals
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Ovid journals
- King Guide to Parenteral Admixtures
- Ovid E-Books
- Red Book (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- STAT!Ref Books
- Thieme Library
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training