Answered By: Engineering ULS Last Updated: Apr 20, 2015 Views: 206
E-ZBorrow lets you search and locate available print format books and request them. Typically an E-Z Borrow item arrives within several business days and can be checked out for a period of 6 weeks with one additional 6-week renewal.
To request an item via E-ZBorrow:
- Go to the E-ZBorrow login: https://e-zborrow.relaisd2d.com/gateway/PITT.html.
- Enter your Pitt ID number (the 15-digit number on your ID card that begins with 2P000...) and click the Login button.
- Enter the title in the search box in the center of the page, or click on advanced search in the top right corner and enter the information there.
- From the results, select the exact match - please be sure you are selecting the correct edition.
- Next, you will see item availability information. If there is an available ("requestable") select a pickup location (one of the Pitt libraries) and click Request.
If there is not a copy available via E-ZBorrow, you will need to submit an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request for the item. ILL items typically take a little longer than E-ZBorrow items to arrive, and the borrowing period will vary depending on the library filling the request.
You can request delivery to any library at Pitt except Law and Falk Libraries. Law Library and Health Sciences library items aren't available using E-Z Borrow. (If you want to request an available item from Law Library or Falk Library, please use Interlibrary Loan.)
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training