Answered By: Sharon Jasneski Last Updated: Nov 07, 2017 Views: 399
Answered By: Sharon Jasneski
Last Updated: Nov 07, 2017 Views: 399
- Items in storage appear in PITTCat and PittCat+ with ULS Storage (Use Get-It Service) as the location
- Pitt students, faculty, staff and special borrowers can obtain stored material by submitting a request through PITTCat
- Books and other materials requested from storage can be delivered to any University of Pittsburgh library (faculty, you can have books delivered to your Pittsburgh Campus office)
- Deliveries are made daily, except on weekends or holidays
- Journal articles are sent via email as PDFs
To place a request:
- Search for the item in PITTCat+ and click through to the full record (you'll be redirected to PITTCat Classic)
- In PITTCat Classic, click the Get it! link at the top of the page
- Enter your University Computing Account (email) username and password and click the Login button
- At the bottom of the screen, from the drop-down menu, select Get it!, and click OK.
- Follow the instructions on the request form. If you are placing an article request, be sure to select SPECIFY AN ISSUE so that the citation information is retained.
- Click the Submit Request button. You can check the status of book requests by looking at the Request Information section of My Library Record.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training