Answered By: Sharon Jasneski Last Updated: Mar 13, 2017 Views: 235
Answered By: Sharon Jasneski
Last Updated: Mar 13, 2017 Views: 235
- Items in storage appear in PITTCat and PittCat+ with ULS Storage (Use Get-It Service) as the location
- Pitt students, faculty, staff and special borrowers can obtain stored material by submitting a request through PITTCat
- Books and other materials requested from storage can be delivered to any University of Pittsburgh library (faculty, you can have books delivered to your Pittsburgh Campus office)
- Deliveries are made daily, except on weekends or holidays
- Journal articles are sent via email as PDFs
To place a request:
- Search for the item in PITTCat+ and click through to the full record (you'll be redirected to PITTCat Classic)
- In PITTCat Classic, click the Get it! link at the top of the page
- Enter your University Computing Account (email) username and password and click the Login button
- At the bottom of the screen select Get it! from the drop down menu and click OK
- Follow the instructions on the request form. If you are placing an article request, be sure to click SPECIFY AN ISSUE so that the citation information is retained.
- Click on the Submit Request button You can check the status of book requests by looking at the Request Information section of My Library Record.
To watch in full screen: Follow this link, or click Play, and then click the small yellow box in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training