Answered By: Leslie Poljak
Last Updated: Apr 20, 2015     Views: 87

To determine what years and volumes of a journal are available electronically, in the Chemistry Library, and in any other ULS -Pittsburgh locations (including Storage) you can perform a PittCat Classic or Electronic Journal search.

To use PittCat, start at PittCat Classic, select "Search", enter the journal title (Journal of the American Chemical Society), set the search to "Journal Title" and run the search. 

You should see 5 results.  Take a look at these one by one.

Two of these results do not apply because they specify electronic format. You can also eliminate results from branch campuses and HSLS.

Find the Pittsburgh Campus record whose Full Title matches your journal title, and click on the title to see the full record. For each Location, you’ll see which print volumes and years are held at that location.

You can also search Ejournals , type the journal title, and run the search.

Each result will list the date ranges available for the ejournal.  Click through to the journal web page to find which volumes correspond to those years.

Related Topics

Need help? Chat with us!

More ways to contact us

  • Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
  • We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
  • Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
  • Use of Ask Us is your agreement to our Privacy Policy Statement
  • Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training