Answered By: Leslie Poljak
Last Updated: Sep 07, 2017     Views: 270

Hillman Library is open to the public and all may use the print format materials within the building, browse the open stacks where our print books and journals are located, or search PittCat+  to locate specific material. Some freely available government documents and D-Scribe, our digital publishing collections are available.

Access to Pitt’s licensed electronic resources is available. Visitors from the community and visiting researchers may ask for a temporary guest password at the Donald S. Wood Service Desk on the ground floor of Hillman Library. The temporary guest password may be used at any ULS public device on the Oakland campus. Please note that there is no printing service associated with access to our electronic resources and the ability to download content may be restricted by certain content providers.

If you are interested in borrowing books, a Special Borrower Card can be purchased. 

More information about Services for Non-Pitt Affiliates can be found on the For the Non-Pitt Community page.

If you plan to visit, you can find more information on our website including a listing of our hours.


Need help? Chat with us!

More ways to contact us

  • Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
  • We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
  • Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
  • Use of Ask Us is your agreement to our Privacy Policy Statement
  • Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training