Answered By: Clare Withers Last Updated: Dec 18, 2015 Views: 62
Genealogical research services require special expertise which falls outside the focus of the University Library System (ULS). There are collection materials held by the ULS, however, that are of value to genealogists and family historians. Please consult the Archives Service Center (ASC) Guides. Send us your specific questions regarding ASC material.
Additional Pittsburgh area institutions to consider for your inquiries include
- the Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society (WPGS)
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training