Answered By: Archives & Special Collections ULS
Last Updated: Aug 29, 2017     Views: 78

Genealogical research services require special expertise which falls outside the focus of the University Library System (ULS). There are collection materials held by the ULS, however, that are of value to genealogists and family historians.  Please consult the  Archives Service Center (ASC) Guides. Send us your specific questions regarding ASC material.

Additionally, Hillman Library Microforms Department has population census schedules on microfilm for the US from 1790 thru 1930. See more information on our Census Guide.

Additional Pittsburgh area institutions to consider for your inquiries include



Related Topics

Need help? Chat with us!

More ways to contact us

  • Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
  • We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
  • Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
  • Use of Ask Us is your agreement to our Privacy Policy Statement
  • Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training