Answered By: Judy Brink Last Updated: Jan 25, 2016 Views: 79
Information about standards can be found at our Standards research guide: http://guides.library.pitt.edu/standards
The Engineering Library provides electronic access to:
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards. They are listed as ASTM Standards and Engineering Digital Library in the A-Z list of databases: http://www.library.pitt.edu/db/a
- Institute of Electric and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) standards. They are listed as IEEEXplore in the A-Z list of databases: http://www.library.pitt.edu/db/i
- Various standards from other standard-granting organizations. These can be difficult to locate and multiple databases must often be searched, including PittCat+, Knovel, or WorldCat. Please contact the Engineering Library if you are uncertain whether or not the ULS has a certain standard.
Standard Request Service:
To request a standard that we do not currently have, please fill out the Technical Standard Request Form on the Standard research guide.
- How do I know if I am eligible to request a standard? The Standard Request Service is a pilot project from the University Library System (ULS). You are eligible to request standards through this service if you are faculty, staff, a postdoctoral associate, or student at the University of Pittsburgh and NOT in the Law School or one of the six health sciences schools including: Dental Medicine, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Nursing, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health.
- If the demand for standards exceeds our budget, standards will be purchased on a first come, first serve basis.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training