Answered By: Marian Hampton Last Updated: Jan 25, 2016 Views: 94
Answered By: Marian Hampton
Last Updated: Jan 25, 2016 Views: 94
As a distance student, when an article that you need is only available in print format from a ULS library location other than Storage (for example, Hillman), use Get It to request the article.
1. Do a PITTCat Classic search by "Journal Title begins with"
2. From the results, select the item record that is an exact match
3. Once you have the journal item record on the screen, click "GET IT!" and log in with your PITT username and password
4. Set the dropdown to "GET IT" (the default is "recall")
5. Set the radio button to "Specify an issue" and complete the citation information.
Use the Comment field to tell us that you're a distance student and aren't able to visit the campus. When the article is available you'll receive an email notification with a link to the article in PDF.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training