Answered By: Alex Toner
Last Updated: Apr 19, 2017     Views: 6

Access (formerly BRM, Inc.) provides University departments with secure off-site storage, delivery and retrieval services, locked destruction containers, certified records destruction, and special projects when necessary.

In addition to authorizing destruction of records already in storage that have met their retention requirements, Pitt departments with Access accounts have the option of requesting a secure destruction console or larger bins which are rotated on a monthly schedule, or sending boxes of sensitive materials for destruction directly from their office.

University records management destruction services via Access are intended for University records containing secure or confidential information. All other paper shredding can be conducted departmentally or through the University’s recycling service.

Contact Alex J. Toner, University Records Manager, at 412.648.3164 or

Related Topics

    Need help? Chat with us!

    More ways to contact us

    • Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
    • We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
    • Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
    • Use of Ask Us is your agreement to our Privacy Policy Statement
    • Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training