Answered By: Alice Kalinowski Last Updated: Jul 10, 2017 Views: 9
The ULS has access to a market report database called BCC Research! This database provides detailed market reports from 20 categories, including semiconductors, information technology, healthcare, etc. Access from the ULS database list.
However, we cannot typically get access to other market research reports found on sites like MarketResearch.com, GrandViewResearch.com, or Forrester.com as they tend to cost thousands of dollars each.
However, there are some alternatives. The following databases are typically the best places to check:
- IBIS World – Contains over 700 detailed US industry reports
- Business Insights Global – Contains market share reports and industry essays
- Business Source Complete – Contains some industry reports, and a large collection of business focused journal, magazine, trade, and news publications that often contain information on specific markets
A full list of business databases are available on the Business Databases page.
When doing market research, it is typically helpful to know the primary code(s), such as NAICS and SIC codes, associated with that market. You can then search in all of the above databases with that code for targeted results.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training