Answered By: Office of Scholarly Communications & Publishing ULS
Last Updated: Dec 14, 2016     Views: 14

To edit your ORCID profile, you should be able to log into ORCID itself. If you know the e-mail address attached to it (which may be your Pitt e-mail address), you can request a password change. 

Here is a helpful FAQ page that may help you further. The relevant information is below:

How can I sign into ORCID if I lose access to my institutional sign in account?
You can sign in using your ORCID account credentials. ORCID sign in will always be available, and you can always retrieve a password as long as you have a current email address listed in your ORCID account settings. You can also sign into ORCID using Google or Facebook accounts you have already linked to your ORCID account.

If you still have trouble, contact the ORCID team for more assistance as they may be able to manually reset your account. 


Need help? Chat with us!

More ways to contact us

  • Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
  • We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
  • Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
  • Use of Ask Us is your agreement to our Privacy Policy Statement
  • Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training