Answered By: Bibliometrics Services ULS
Last Updated: Feb 15, 2016     Views: 28

Using Scival, you can evaluate the performance of a known researcher in the field and decide if he or she would be a suitable collaborator for you . You can start the process by defining and creating a profile of that researcher.

To define and view a researcher:

  • Go to My SciVal and click on “Define a new Researcher”
  • Next go to Overview module and select your new researcher.
  • You can now evaluate the research performance of this researcher. You can also see the collaborating institutions and co-authors of this researcher.

The Institutions and Authors tabs for a country can also be used to identify potential collaboration partners - both institutions and individual researchers. Suppose you are looking for collaboration partners in the United States within the field of Mathematics, here are the steps you can take:

  • Select United States in the entity selection panel
  • Select Mathematics from the dropdown menu at the top of the page
  • Go to the Institutions and Authors tabs to find out who the key players in that country are.

For more information, please watch the brief video tutorial, or contact Bibliometrics Services Group at ULS.

Related Topics

Need help? Chat with us!

More ways to contact us

  • Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
  • We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
  • Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
  • Use of Ask Us is your agreement to our Privacy Policy Statement
  • Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training