Answered By: David Grinnell
Last Updated: Mar 22, 2016     Views: 66

The Archives Service Center is home to a large collection of CONSOL Energy mine maps.  In cooperation with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, all of our maps have been digitized and most are available at the website: .  In addition to that site, if you have further questions regarding possible mining activity under your property in southwestern Pennsylvania you should contact:

Department of Environmental Protection--District Mining Operations, California (PA) District Mining Office, 25 Technology Drive, Coal Center, PA 15423--phone 724-769-1100 (ask for Matt Cavanaugh or Rich Verscharen)  --

For additional information regarding maps and atlases that are available at the Archives Service Center, please see our guide: Maps and Atlases @ Pitt Archives.

Related Topics

Need help? Chat with us!

More ways to contact us

  • Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
  • We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
  • Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
  • Use of Ask Us is your agreement to our Privacy Policy Statement
  • Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training