Answered By: Alex Toner Last Updated: Aug 10, 2016 Views: 19
Records management is a vital component of University operations that includes and affects nearly all departments across the University of Pittsburgh. The University Records Management program within the University Library System assists offices and departments in managing records and organizing information to meet the administrative, financial, legal, and historical needs of the University. Under the direction of the University records manager, the program offers administrators, staff, and faculty a number of services including:
- Records management training on policies and procedures in compliance with University practices and federal and state laws
- Developing records retention schedules with University departments
- Sustaining and managing the University's relationship with Access
- Research Data Management guidance
- Departmental file and record appraisal and arrangement consultations
Contact Alex J. Toner, University Records Manager, at 412.648.3164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need help? Chat with us!
More ways to contact us
- Ask Us is intended for current Pitt students, faculty, and staff or questions from others regarding our unique resources and services
- We cannot respond to medical, legal, or tax-related questions
- Within 2 business days you should receive a response with an answer or direction to additional resources
- Anonymized transcripts may be used to improve our service or for training